The Montessori School at StarCreek is a premiere Montessori school in the DFW metroplex. At over 35,000 square feet, the school features 17 classrooms as well as numerous rooms dedicated to music, science, and more.
We are firmly committed to Maria Montessori’s approach to learning in our overall program. The Montessori method strives to arouse the child’s interest; to stimulate, and to provide an individualized learning atmosphere. This is the “Prepared Environment” which invites a child to get herself involved and puts her mind in gear. To catch the excitement inherent in discovery, and to know deep down that she did it herself because she felt the need to understand and to conquer a problem, is worth far more to a child’s self-image and development than to respond to never-ending teacher direction.
The main objective of the Montessori School at StarCreek is to provide a carefully planned, stimulating environment which will help children develop within themselves the foundational habits, attitudes, skills, and ideas which are essential for a lifetime of creative thinking and learning. We strive:
- To develop a positive attitude toward school and learning
- To develop a sense of high self-esteem
- To develop habits of concentration for lifelong study skills
- To develop and foster an abiding curiosity
- To develop habits of initiative and persistence
- To foster inner discipline and a sense of order
- To develop sensory-motor skills in order to sharpen the ability to discriminate and judge
- To develop socially acceptable behavior
- To acquire the basic skills necessary for a lifetime of learning
- To help develop each child's innate, ultimate potential through high self-expectations