Offered at our StarCreek campus, our early infant program, known as “The Nest”, is for children from six weeks to twelve months of age. Your baby is kept comfortable and content throughout the day. We keep careful records of each child as they develop and grow each day. The environment is soothing and happy, with soft music playing and smiling faces. We communicate with the babies constantly by signing, talking, singing, reading and simply playing with them. We tailor feedings, diaper changes and naps according to each child's individual needs.
Daily activities include:
· Infant musical instruments
· Movement and Exercise
· Language/sound development
· Poems and Songs
· Recognition of objects
· Facial expressions
· Interaction with other babies
· Finger plays
Our classroom is based on these key concepts:
• We foster the development of basic trust and to assist in the normal development of the personality.
• Basic trust develops in an environment where people respond appropriately to the infant's communication of needs to be loved, respected, and accepted.
• Infants learn through their senses. They learn by watching and moving freely. Freedom to move is essential to the development of the infant's potential.
• Each child is considered as a whole person and is affected by the quality of holding and feeding, as well as the quality of physical care.
Early Infant programs are available on a full-time basis (5 days, 7:00am-6:00 pm).